The Galloway Association of Glasgow was formally constituted as the Glasgow Galloway Brotherly Society on 22 August 1791. It was reconstituted in its present form on 29 January 1940 and amended on 15 November 1997, 8 January 2007 and 5 March 2011 when a revised Constitution and Rules was adopted.
The Association is governed by the Constitution and Rules and its management is the responsibility of the Council of Directors who are elected under its terms. Its Scottish Charity Number is SC006642.
The Board of Directors is elected by the Members in General Meeting, and consists of the President, the immediate past President, Vice President, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and three Directors. The Honorary Presidents are Mrs. Anne Donnan and Mrs. Netta Davidson. Patron of the Trust is The Earl of Stair.
The objects of the Association are defined within the Constitution :
Object 2 does not fall under the category of the Benevolent Fund.
There is a need to promote and perpetuate the Asociation for the benefit of future generations, by actively attracting new members who have a passion for Galloway and can carry on the good work of the Association in the years ahead.